Terms of Service
About Off Campus Classified Ads
- GigMart acts as an online market place where freelancing academics sell their services to their customers.
- GigMart also acts as an online market place where companies advertise their services and communicate with their customers.
- The services advertised here are aimed at customers from all walks of life.
- GigMart website also offers a free secure internal messaging system to facilitate communication between the sellers and their customers.
To access and use certain parts of the Site and the Site Services, you must register for an Account. We reserve the right to decline a registration to join our site or to add an Account type for any lawful reason, including supply and demand, cost to maintain data, or other business considerations. When you register for an Account, you will be asked to choose a username and password for the Account. You are entirely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and agree not to share your username or password with any person who is not authorised to use your Account. You authorise us to assume that any person using the Site with your username and password, is either you or is someone authorised to act on your behalf. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect or become aware of any unauthorised use of your Account.
To register for an Account to join the Site, you must complete a User profile, which you consent to be shown to other Users. You agree not to provide any false or misleading information about your identity or location, your business, your skills, your qualifications or your ability to deliver the services you advertise. We offer different account types. Once you register for one Account type, you cannot add the other Account types under the same username and password. You agree not to have or register for more than one Account without express written permission from us.
Fees and Services
GigMart website is generally free, but we sometimes charge a fee for certain services. If the service you choose attracts a fee, you’ll be able to review and accept terms that will be disclosed at the time you post your ad. Our fees are quoted in Pounds Sterling, and we may change them from time to time.
Users sign up and register as either Buyers or Sellers. Freelancing academics register as sellers.Companies register as Business Sellers.
Selling on GigMart
(Full details about buying and selling, please refer to https://offcampus-ads.co.uk/how-it-works/
- As a Seller, you will place an advert allowing Buyers to purchase your services.
- Each Seller is allowed a maximum of 3 adverts running concurrently.
- You will sell your services by using the ‘Pay Now’ button.
- Seller and Buyer will use the Site’s internal messaging system to communicate with each other.
- You will ask the potential buyer to submit detailed requirements of the service they intend to purchase from you before you set up the price.
- Seller and Buyer will agree on the price and delivery date.
- You agree to use the Site as your exclusive method to request, make, and receive all payments for work directly or indirectly with the buyer.
- Buyers pay GigMart in advance for services sold by Sellers. Once payment is confirmed, the sale is confirmed and the seller should start working on the task. The Seller will continue to update the status of the sale as ‘In Progress’, ‘Delivered’ as applicable.
- Sellers must deliver completed work in the agreed format, in line with the service that was purchased and advertised. A Sale is marked as ‘Completed’ after it is marked as ‘Completed’ and then accepted by the Buyer. The Sale will be automatically marked as ‘Completed’ after 5 days if not accepted and no request for revision was submitted within 3 days after the Sale was updated as ‘Completed’.
- We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle disputes among themselves before escalating matters with the Site Team.
Contact Details of the Private Seller
The Seller’s Contact details such as email address, phone number, WHATSAPP number or Website address/Link will not be displayed on the advert’s view page.
The Site’s internal messaging system shall be the sole method of communication between the Seller and their potential customers and their buyers.
The Seller and their customers are not permitted to initiate communication outside of our Site on matters relating to the sale or potential sale of any services advertised on our Site.
As a Seller, you agree to meet the delivery time which you agreed with the Buyer. Failing to do so will entitle the Buyer to cancel the Sale and get full refund. Where there’s a genuine reason, the seller and the buyer will mutually revise the delivery date. It is not acceptable for the seller to change the delivery date unilaterally. Given the nature of the services advertised on this site, the ability to meet the customer’s deadline can be deemed as success criteria for any completed sale. Failure to meet the deadline will attract adverse reviews from the buyer and consequently damage the Seller’s reputation.
Disbursements to Sellers
- Buyers pay GigMart in advance for services sold by Private Sellers.
- The payment is held in the bank account owned by Off Campus Limited.
- GigMart will accredit the Seller once an order is completed. The net revenue accredited to the private seller will be 90% of the purchase amount. GigMart will retain 10%’
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded in full to the Buyer using the same payment method the buyer used to pay for the service.
- Funds are released to the Seller within 7 days after the date the buyer accepts the delivered work.
- Sellers are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes which may apply to them depending on the Country of residency. Sellers agree that they will comply at all times with their obligations under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. Many of our Services sold in this Site are accessible to international sellers and buyers.
- For full details about fees and commissions, please refer to https://offcampus-ads.co.uk/levels/
Payment Method for Sellers
Private sellers will be paid their dues by the following methods:
- Bank Transfer. This method will incur an administrative charge of £1.99 per transaction of more than £20.
- Any other legitimate method requested by the seller. The method requested should be practically possible, legal (by English Law) and should not violate anti-money-laundering laws. This method may incur an administrative charge.
Images for your Ads
Sellers will provide own images. Images should not infringe copyright or trademarks. Business sellers can use screenshots of their website pages. The screenshots may include pages on your website showing prices, services offered by the company, any discounts, promotions etc. Sellers can also make use of royalty-free images offered by some websites. One such website offering royalty-free images are www.pexel.com.
How to buy on GigMart
To buy any of the services advertised on this site you must register for at least a Student account. You will browse through the ads to find the product you are looking for. The product you are looking for could be available with a Private Seller or Business Seller. You will decide which seller to buy from. You will use the ‘Contact this Advertiser’ on your page to respond to any ad of interest. You will use the internal messaging system to probe further details about the product. You will supply detailed requirements of the assignment to the Seller and discuss the price.
You will pay using the ‘Pay Now’ button on the seller’s page.
You agree to use this Site as your exclusive method to pay for any services purchased from a private seller on this site.
Purchasing from the Seller
If you buying from a Seller you will be required to pay upfront as soon as the price is confirmed by the Seller. This payment will go directly into the Off Campus Ltd bank account and will be held by us. The funds will be released to the Seller upon successful delivery of the work to you, the buyer. You will be entitled to a full refund if the Seller failed to deliver the work.
International Buying and Selling
Many of our Services are accessible to international sellers and buyers. Sellers and buyers are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations applicable to international sales, purchases, and delivery of items We may offer some tools and site facilities to international sellers and buyers, such as estimated local currency conversion.
- It’s a buyer’s right to leave feedback for the seller. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there is evidence of violations of our Terms of Service.
- All feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales conducted on this site.
- Feedback reviews given by Buyers are displayed on a Seller’s page and will be viewed by other users.
- The user authorises GigMart to investigate, process and adjudicate refund requests for any other reason for which the Buyer feels that the Seller has not met their obligations under this agreement and that the service delivered does not meet the requirements specified in the Sale.
- We undertake to process refund requests in compliance with existing consumer protection legislation. We also undertake to reach a fair resolution in all circumstances, taking into account fairness to both the Seller and the Buyer.
- If we agree to refund the Buyer in full or part, this refund will be made using the same method the buyer used to pay for the sale.
As a condition of your use of GigMart, you agree that you will not
- post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
- distribute spam, chain letters,
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm our Site or the interests or property of other users;
- impose or contribute to imposing an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of our Site
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent;
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to our Site.
- sell any plagiarised work or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties. You are solely responsible for all information that you submit to GigMart and any consequences that may result from your post. We reserve the right at our discretion to refuse or delete content that we believe is inappropriate or breaching the above terms.
If you come across any content that may violate our Terms of Service, you should report it to us through the appropriate channels created to handle those issues as outlined in our Terms of Service. All cases are reviewed by our Safety team. To protect individual privacy, the results of the investigation are not shared. Violations Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service and/or any user misconduct reported to our Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user’s email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity but can lead to your account losing Seller status or becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
Limitation on Liability
GigMart is not liable, and you agree not to hold us responsible, for any damages or losses arising out of or in connection with the Terms of Service, including, but not limited to:
- delays or disruptions in our Site or Site Services;
- your use of or your inability to use our Site or Site Services;
- glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our Site or Site Services;
- damage to your hardware device from the use of the Site or Site Services;
- viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing, or linking to, our Site or Site Services;
- the content, actions, or inactions of third parties’ use of the Site or Site Services;
- a suspension or other action taken against your Account;
- your reliance on the quality, accuracy, or reliability of job postings, Profiles, ratings, recommendations, and feedback (including their content, order, and display), Composite Information, or metrics found on, used on, or made available through the Site; and
- your need to modify practices, content, or behaviour or your loss of or inability to do business, as a result of changes to the Terms of Service.
You will compensate us in full (and our officers, directors and employees) for any losses or costs, including reasonable legal fees, we incur arising out of any breach by you of this User Agreement, your improper use of our Site and Services or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
If a dispute arises between you and Off Campus Limited, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by contacting us via our site’s contact or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation. Any claim, dispute or matter arising under or in connection with this User Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales. You and Off Campus Limited both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. If you may elect to bring a claim in the court of another country instead, English law will apply in all cases.